The styles and trends this spring work well in every aspect of your life – from home and garden to clothing and accessories. Check out my favorite ways to incorporate these new spring styles into your wardrobe and your home.
Neon colors are making a big comeback for spring. But, if you ask me, I like to say the 80’s are back… Minus the hair perms. These bright colors are best when used as accessories or as a focal point to build off of, but don’t be afraid to be bold!
- Neon nail polish is a great way to pop some color into your life, especially if you’re not sold on the neon clothing.
- Accessorize your outfit with a pop of neon color with a clutch or shoulder strap handbag.
- Shimmy into neon skinny jeans and pair them with a neutral cotton tee to ace the neon look.
- Brighten up your bedroom with neon wall art, throw pillows or small accents (frames, bedside trays, etc.)
- Update your child’s playroom with neon wall prints, wall decals, rugs and/or storage bins. Kids love neon colors!
Florals are also back (again, welcome to 1982). Floral prints are a great addition to your wardrobe and your home – just be careful not to go overboard!
- Mid-thigh sundresses, dresses with a drop waist and flowy or cropped shirts all look beautiful in a floral print.
- Floral tote bags are a great way to dress up your outfit without going overboard — or if your hesitant to jump into this spring trend.
- A floral rug is by far my favorite home accessory. Accessorizing your home with a multi-colored floral rug allows you to customize multiple aspects of your home (paint for the walls, colored throw pillows and other key accessories).
- I also like the look of a solid colored couch next to two floral over-sized, tufted reading chairs.
- In the bedroom, coordinate your floral rug with throw pillows or frame your favorite wallpaper scrap or piece of scrapbook paper to bring in new floral prints and colors.Written by:
Christina Holt, Writer/Teacher- Mommy Loves Coffee